Are False Assumptions Keeping You From Your Weight Loss Goals?
By Sarah Tanner
If you are not at your goal weight, this is due to one thing only: something is holding you back. It's not what you are eating; it's how you are thinking. You may not believe that you can easily get and remain thin. This is, however, a false belief.
But if you look around you, you will see that for so many people, the weight has crept on - but it stays on, too! Why does it stay? It's not just because of their eating habits - it's because of false assumptions.
These false assumptions will hold you back in many areas of your life.
A person may believe that he can't get a higher level job. A person may think that he or she can't get the kind of life partner that he or she truly wants. You may believe that you can't attain that dream of yours - that it is too hard, takes too much time, takes more skill or intelligence than you have.
That is pure bunk. These types of beliefs hold you back. Throw them out!
False assumptions about losing weight have benefitted the diet industry for decades, and continue to do so.
What are these false assumptions?
1. Losing weight is torture. It is too hard and I need to take pills, supplements, join a diet group, or get a set of recipes in order to succeed. NOT TRUE
2. It's just too hard to stay on a "diet." I won't be able to do it. NOT TRUE
3. "Diet" is a bad word. NOT TRUE
4. If I find a diet that actually works, I'll have to stay on a miserable eating regimen for life. NOT TRUE
5. Even if I managed to stay on a diet, after all that work and sacrifice, I will gain all the weight back and even more. NOT TRUE
6. Once you get past a certain age, the weight creeps on and it's a lot harder to take it off. NOT TRUE
Don't buy into these beliefs unless you want to help support the billion dollar diet industry. None of these things should ever be assumed.
Don't let false assumptions mess up your body. It's your body, and you can look good if you want to. People lose weight and keep it off all the time! It happens every day for thousands of people and it can happen for you, also.
Sarah Tanner is a relationship coach who has written a diet book for her readers. Learn her diet secrets at: http://www.drop-your-excess-weight.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/